Friday, July 23, 2021

Burning Footsteps: A Short Visit (Promethean)

You may be thinking to yourself "wait, didn't Chris just get one of these out a couple of days ago?" and the answer is "Yeah, and I just felt like doing another one. What of it?"

Sorry, caffeine.

Anyhow, um... not sure what else to add here. Feels weird to talk about current stuff on a 'flashback' post even if I had any news to share. So let's get into it.



So according to my old notes and the original write-up, this was a really short session. Most of my group was unable to make it (and I'd have probably just canceled if one of my players hadn't undergone an ordeal to get there and I didn't want to send him right home), and the coffee shop where we played closed early. But we still played.

We pick up with Jack, Steve, and Rudolf[0] going outside to see what Sicky is making a fuss about. There's a couple of guys out there with large handguns insisting on taking the characters to meet someone -- somebody known as "The Baron" has requested their presence.

The armed individuals lead the group to a rundown apartment building and into a living room where a Haitian man with a top hat and sunglasses[1] bids them sit down. He speaks with them briefly, asking them what they know about a half-dozen or so of his people having disappeared earlier that night in an old house near the bayou. They claim to know nothing, and Rudolf tries to make a break for it at one point -- only to bounce off of some sort of mystical seal on the window.

The Baron politely requests that they return to that house collect as much of the ashes of there as they can to be brought back to him for proper disposal. And to make sure nothing funny happens, he leads them into another room where a man referred to as Josue performs some sort of voodoo-styled ritual and slumps into a trance.[2]

And this is the point where, according to my notes, the coffee shop closed early. Womp womp.

So I'll leave it there.


[0]-- As I mentioned before, this was the point where Jane's player Amanda stepped out, but it would be a few more weeks before I found out she wasn't coming back. Honestly, I was sorely tempted to just edit Jane and Lafayette out entirely, but that feels like a step too far for me.
[1]-- It's never a good sign when a guy in New Orleans with a top hat and sunglasses calling himself "The Baron" has had you dragged to him at gunpoint. And that's not even counting the fact that he's also a vampire. But in this case, this is Baron Cimitiere, one of the major established characters from Vampire: The Requiem's first edition.
[2]-- I legitimately don't recall if I ever explicitly explained this and my old notes are unclear, but the guy is a vampire using a Crúac ritual called "Cheval" to 'ride' the senses of one of the characters, magically monitoring them for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment