Monday, December 31, 2018

Recent and Upcoming Writing

Okay, so first off, much sooner than I usually manage these things, I've got another chapter of my Conversion story up. It's a little shorter than the last couple, partially because I'm trying to manage the size of the updates so they don't take as long to finish. Also, partially, because I'm going to try something a little different and that'll fit better with a chapter break. But either way, here's a link to that.

Conversion Chapter Seven -- Measures

Here's links to prior chapters, just for easy of access:
Chapter One (for which I need a proper chapter title)
Chapter Two - Coming and Going
Chapter Three - In the Light of Day
Chapter Four - Couriers
Chapter Five - Familiar Spaces
Chapter Six - Allies


I also have a side-story in the same setting that I've been trying to get published with no success. So I said 'screw it' and posted it. It stands well enough on its own, though it does serve as something of a sequel to a story I had published in FANG Vol. 8 a year and a half ago (knowledge of the earlier story isn't necessary, but it does feature the same characters). And here it is:

Renegotiation


Now, in case it needs to be said, these stories are more or less safe for work. There's some swearing and some violence, but nothing you couldn't see at 8 or 9 PM on a network TV show. (Though Chapter 7 does imply some particularly unpleasant violence off-camera, though still nothing you couldn't have gotten on, say, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.) Now, of course, if stories featuring anthropomorphic animal characters aren't your thing, feel free to give it a pass.

Speaking of which, something related I wanna mention here.

At any given time, I've got a few different writing projects at once. Basically so that if I'm having trouble with one story/setting, I can usually switch to something else. Some of the stuff is anthro-related, but not all of it (I've got an urban fantasy setting I've been trying to get going, but the stories I've cranked out for it so far have all been too high word count for most venues and too low for the rest).

One of the things I've been poking at is, of all things, a video game fanfic. Specifically, Night in the Woods. Without getting into excruciating detail, there's a lot about the story and the setting that grabbed me and gave me the itch to play in that sandbox as a writer, which I rarely do. I don't have any hard plans for the story regarding length or anything like that, but I've been considering posting it in chunks and seeing if I get any feedback or response. So I'm wondering if anyone would be interested if I posted installments here as well as my other usual haunts. (Knowledge of the game shouldn't be required, though it'd certainly be a benefit since parts of the story will overlap with parts of the game.)

Any thoughts, questions, whatever, would be appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment