Saturday, January 10, 2015

So here we go

So, unless you threw a bunch of darts at your computer keyboard and wound up here, you probably know who I am. But just for good measure: My name's Chris Shaffer, I'm a writer who occasionally gets to freelance for Onyx Path. So far I've contributed to Mage: The Awakening, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, and Werewolf: The Forsaken. And in the near-ish future I'll be contributing to the Trinity Continuum line, particularly the Aeon core and hopefully more as time goes on.

Anyhow, while I've kept a Livejournal and I also have a Twitter account and a Google+ page, I wanted to have a separate page I could use for some of my own independent writing. In addition, I've wanted to get back into doing writeups of the tabletop games I've run. For the last couple of years, almost all I've run is Pathfinder -- and to be honest, so much of that is drawn-out combat that it's tough to write about. (Sometimes you just have to cultivate a gaming group using a system people know.) And before that, it was LARPing, which is sometimes difficult to sum up when you're the guy running it. But that said, the landscape is changing a bit so I'll be in a good position to share some tabletop gaming adventures.

If there's anything specific you'd like to see or otherwise have any questions, feel free to ask!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see you play in or run a Cypher System game (aka Numenera). The mechanics are geared more toward a storytelling style that is not solely in the hands of the GM but the whole group which I think would help you do write ups of your table top gaming. I hope this suggestion helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could be cool, but it's a system I'd have to learn. Also, my tabletop schedule is slightly packed at the moment, but I'll pitch it to the group the next time a slot opens up. I tend to suggest a number of systems I could run and we vote on them, and I break ties.

      Delete